Bookie Status Report: July 6th 2011

A slow plodding week in Bookie progress this week. Thanks to Greg and Craig for some help in cleaning up a feature.

  • New version of the Chrome extension that will do a much better job of error checking on the options page. Make sure to get the updated extension.
  • The Account page has been cleaned up. You can now view your Api Key, change your password, and update your base account information such as name and email. I also did some ui cleanup so things should start to be a bit prettier. Let me know if you have any suggestions to the account ui.
  • I fixed the Google fonts used so things might look a bit different. I'm using the Cabin font for the body. I think I want to change it for the readable version body though. It's not great for large bodies of text. What do you think?
  • I also updated the mobile view to the jQuery Mobile beta release. I finally found the cause of a nasty bug and things should work ok. I still need to write my own history api wrapper. So navigating back and such is pretty broken still.
  • Per request of Greg and Craig, when the bookmark isn't for the current year we now add the '10 or whatever to the calendar graphic. You can see an example over here.

Next up on the todo list:

  • We need a password reset feature for those that have forgotten their passwords. There's some database side start to this, but no ui for it yet.
  • I want to start on a page in accounts for viewing your readable results such as displaying 404 counts and such. See ticket #47

If you care to help or follow along make sure to follow the project on github: http://github.com/mitechie/Bookie

  • Current Chrome Extension: 0.3.4
  • Most recent code updates: develop branch
  • Current working branch: feature/auth